BEA Book Awards
Nominations of any first-edition scholarly work in one of two categories are accepted starting on September 1st each year:
1) monograph/edited collection, or
2) textbook that is relevant to broadcasting and mass communication.
Both online and mailed nominations are accepted.
Nomination package should include
- A nomination letter that includes the book’s title, author(s) or editor(s), copyright date, publisher, ISBN, category to be judged in (book or textbook) and an explanation of the book’s contribution to the field of broadcasting and mass communication.
- Author’s mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that the author will attend the 2023 BEA Conference in Las Vegas if their book is selected as one of the winners. Winners will be presented their award at the 2023 BEA Awards Ceremony. The winner will receive a complimentary convention registration.
- You can either include a pdf copy of your book along with the online submission, or you can mail four copies of the book being nominated for the award. Pdf copies of the book are preferred. Entries that are not in print by Dec. 31 will be disqualified.
- NOTE: If you are submitting an electronic version of your published book, we do not accept pre-print or editor copies.
- The submission process is online this year. Please visit the submission site to send in your materials.
- Please note that even if you are mailing a book, you must fill out an online submission form. If you are mailing your book, please send it to:
Dr. Michael Bruce
The University of Alabama
901 University Blvd.
Phifer Hall 490
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401