Distinguished Education Service Award (DESA)
The DESA selection committee is chaired by BEA’s vice president for academic relations and joined by the previous DESA winner and current BEA secretary/treasurer.
The DESA selection committee will review the nomination packages and based on the selection criteria, will make a recommendation to the BEA’s executive committee for approval.
The chair of the committee will notify the DESA recipient and all individual who submitted nominations packages by February 15.
- Glenda Balas, University of North Texas – Dallas, BEA Vice President for Academic Relations
- Dom Caristi, Ball State University, 2023 DESA Winner
- Jennifer Meadows, Cal State University – Chico, BEA Secretary/treasurer
- The nomination package highlights the nominee’s distinguished career in service which has made a significant and lasting contribution to the American system of electronic media education by virtue of a singular achievement or continuing service for or on behalf of electronic media education.
- The nomination package outlines service that is above and beyond traditional contributions.
- The nominee has an exceptional level of service to their academic institution and professional communities.
- The nominee’s service commitment has impacted a broad range of persons and/or organizations.